Our current projects include local law clinics, ad hoc advice and national initiatives such as Will Aid. Some further recent examples include:
- Clinics with the Chelmsford Citizens Advice Bureau;
- Clinics with the Ipswich and Suffolk Council for Rational Equality;
- Essex University Law Clinic;
- BPP Law School employment advice help line;
- National Pro Bono week advice clinics;
- A mediation pilot scheme;
- Advice to an unincorporated association in respect of an agreement for lease for wind turbines to be erected on farming land;
- Advice to an individual in respect of disability discrimination claims against his former employer.
Prettys is committed to the continued success of our pro bono scheme. Aside from the satisfaction of providing such a worthwhile service, our pro bono scheme provides an excellent opportunity to develop our experience, knowledge and skills and to develop wider relationships with our communities. The success of our pro bono scheme depends on the collaboration and participation of employee and partner volunteers who meet regularly to identify opportunities to introduce new products to expand our scheme wider.
Prettys is also a member of Law Works, which provides a wide variety of pro bono opportunities to lawyers through projects.