Lawyers at Prettys have significant experience in advising on a variety of legal issues relevant to the education sector. We act for a number of schools, colleges and universities as well as for local authorities.
Our key advice areas include:-
- Business structures - ownership, structure and governance
- Commercial agreements - contracts for services, service level agreements, shared services and intellectual property
- Procurement - procurement regulation and practice, competition law and judicial review
- Funding - banking, loans, grants and bonds
- Employment and pensions - establishing as an employer, TUPE, restructuring and redundancy, changing terms and conditions and pension provision
- Property and construction - transfer of property, agreements for lease or licence (including variations) and construction contracts and disputes
Please refer to our Academy Schools Status brochure for details of our experience and guide for schools considering conversion.