Construction projects are often complex, which is reflected in the contract documentation
Whether your organisation is a contractor, developer, sub-contractor, consultant, supplier, bank, tenant, purchaser or investor, our construction law solicitors offer a specialist commercially-focused service aimed at facilitating successful completion of the project.
Prettys combine a client-focused approach with commercially-minded strategies to tailor the best approach for each construction project or an individual aspect of a project.
What Can We Do For You?
The Prettys team appreciates the challenges you face in your business. We take the time to understand your priorities and are adept at navigating the obstacles faced within the construction industry. For this reason, our construction lawyers offer a wide range of legal services relevant to the sector, including:
- Reviewing and commenting on building contracts, appointment documents, collateral warranties, framework agreements, third party rights, terms and conditions, development agreements, facility management agreements, building leases, bonds, guarantees, novation agreements and all ancillary documentation
- Amending standard form construction contracts (including JCT and NEC) and commenting on / negotiating amendments made by others
- Drafting and negotiating the full breadth of contracts encountered in construction (including those listed above)
- Writing bespoke internal documentation (such as guidance notes and flow charts) to support client delivery of major workstreams
- Preparation and delivery of tailored training solutions to harness and build on construction law know-how within client businesses
- Virtual or actual “in-house” legal support by providing clients with a dedicated point of contact and secondments
- Referring clients and contacts to members of our extensive network of contacts where appropriate
- Accessing and collaborating with overseas legal connections wherever our clients require it
- Devising and supplying on / off site accessible legal solutions to our clients via our range of helpline, legal clinic, secondment and training solutions
- Delivery of cost-effective, “off the shelf” template documentation from our menu of “fixed price products” to clients who need to address gaps in their legal armoury swiftly and cost effectively
- Discussing topical issues and legal developments of relevance to the industry in a seminar format (via our Developers’ Club and Construction Legal Updates services)
- Providing regular complimentary legal updates in written format via our monthly newsletter “Construct”
If you are in need of legal assistance regarding any aspect of a construction project, contact our experienced team today to find out how we can help.
Why Choose Prettys?
The Prettys construction team has many years of experience advising on projects ranging from small scale to complex, large-scale developments. We combine the niche expertise and commercial acumen of a dedicated construction law firm with the excellent client service offered by a smaller practice – a combination that offers real value to our clients’ businesses.
Our legal advisers pride themselves on speaking your language and advancing your business position. Drawing on an in-depth understanding of the construction sector, we offer clients the legal guidance they need to achieve and maintain commercial success.