‘Ian Waine stands out in my experience. Apart from being a very interesting and engaging individual, Ian always impresses when it comes down to the matter at hand. His advice is clear and concise and yet he’s still open to hearing our opinion – this attribute, in particular, is one of the reasons we have used Prettys for many years.’ Legal 500 [UK 2024]
Ian advises on all aspects of non-contentious corporate and commercial work in the public and private sectors including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments, joint venture and other trading arrangements, governance, outsourcing and lending, security and other financing.
He also has expertise in Insolvency Law and advises directors and shareholders on restructuring exercises as well as insolvency practitioners, on a regular basis.
Ian is known for the depth of his experience, his ability and willingness to understand clients’ businesses and for providing advice which is results-driven, strategic and commercial.
- Advising an expanding London-based gym provider on corporate and fund-raising issues
- Advising the sellers on the disposal of a commercial vehicle leasing business
- Advising on a number of sales by, and purchases from, companies in administration
- Advising the buyers on the acquisition of a number of main franchise motor dealerships
- Advising a management team in a private equity backed MBO
- Advising a well-known and expanding restaurant chain on a variety of corporate, commercial and financial matters
- Advising a substantial logistics company on acquisitions, and strategic agreements relating to road, rail and ports
- Advising manufacturing companies on sales and distribution agreements
- Advising on the sale of a substantial UK based service provider to a UK subsidary of a Japanese parent
- Advising a national provider of clinical services on a number of acquisitions, disposals, and strategic contracts
- Advising a management team on it's acquisition of a substantial care business provider
- Advice on substantial fund-raising exercises for a number of companies